Since 1969, Meriten Investment Management GmbH has established itself as one of the leading special fund providers and currently manages assets about EUR 24.5 billion. Its product range primarily focuses on European investments and comprises fixed-income funds, including corporate bond portfolios, European equity products and balanced funds (with the latter also available in an absolute-return version). In addition, Meriten Investment Management also offers its clients access to the product offering of its affiliated companies within the BNY Mellon group, with the client relationship managed by Meriten Investment Management.
Between April 2006 and September 2012, Meriten Investment Management operated as a 50/50 asset management joint venture between BNY Mellon and Portigon AG. As of 1 October 2012, Meriten Investment Management has become a wholly owned subsidiary of the BNY Mellon Asset Management group.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of December 31, 2014, BNY Mellon had $28.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.7 trillion in assets under management (As of December 31, 2014). BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com, or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.
(As of December 2014)
Key dates in Meriten Investment Management's history include the following:
- Effective October 1, 2012, BNY Mellon has acquired the remaining 50% of its WestLB Mellon Asset Management joint venture from Portigon AG (formerly known as WestLB AG), the German portfolio management and service company. For BNY Mellon as well as for the former Joint Venture the completion of this transaction was an important milestone. From our shareholders' perspective, Germany has one of the most sophisticated investment industries globally, and is a key strategic priority for BNY Mellon. Against this background, acquiring the remaining 50% of the joint venture was a natural transition.
- Consequent to the full acquisition, relevant companies of our group have been renamed to reflect this change: WestLB Mellon Asset Management KAG became Meriten Investment Management GmbH, its sister company in Luxembourg was renamed to BNY Mellon Fund Management (Luxembourg) S.A., and finally our holding company became BNY Mellon Investment Management Holdings (Germany) Limited.
- WestLB Mellon Asset Management intensifies its sales cooperation with The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and focuses the range of products it manages in Germany to European Fixed Income and European Equities (with the successful Small Cap and Alpha Beta strategies), resulting in The Bank of New York Mellon fully taking over the production locations London and Sydney effective from end of 2008.
- Change in ownership structure:
Mellon Financial Corporation and The Bank of New York Company, Inc. merge to form the new company The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
- 50:50 joint venture of WestLB AG www.westlb.com with Mellon Financial Corporation to establish a jointly owned asset management company named WestLB Mellon Asset Management
- 49:51 joint venture established with DekaBank to cooperate in selling retail asset management products managed by WMAM for the Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe through the DekaBank network.
- WestAM Holding GmbH established in Germany
- WestLB Capital Management S.A renamed WestLB Asset Management (Luxembourg) S.A.
- WestKA renamed WestLB Asset Management Kapitalanlagegesellschaft mbH (WestAM Germany)
- WestAM established as a business unit of WestLB
- RWK renamed Westdeutsche Kapitalanlagegesellschaft mbH (WestKA)
- WestLB Capital Management S.A. established in Luxembourg
- Rheinisch-Westfälische Kapitalanlagegesellschaft mbH (RWK) established in Germany